TO ENSURE THAT TEAM MEMBERS AND VISITORS DO NOT FALL FOUL OF LOCAL AUTHORITY PARKING ENFORCEMENT PLEASE NOTE:-
- Each team will be issued with 1 parking permit prior to the event, which must be prominently displayed in the windscreen of the team vehicle AT ALL TIMES. These permits will allow free parking, after unloading equipment at Team Bases, in the designated parking areas on the lakeside at Pugneys.
- To ensure availability, there will be a reserved parking area for team vehicles, but the permit will apply in all designated parking areas.
- FREE PARKING for all other vehicles bringing team members and spectators will be available, and well signposted, in a field off Asdale Road directly opposite Pugneys.
- ALL VEHICLES, with the exception of 1 above, who choose to park within Pugneys, must display a valid ticket purchased from the official parking machines on site.
Warning. Failure to display a valid ticket, whether issued free or purchased at the ticket machines, will almost certainly result in the issue of a fixed penalty notice by the parking warden
ARRIVAL SET UP AND REGISTRATION.
- Teams should arrive between 8.00am and 9.00am.
- On arrival, Team Vehicles will be directed to their designated Team Base.
- Team Vehicles may deliver marquees, gazebos, BBQ’s etc. to their team base, but as soon as the vehicle is unloaded they must go to the main parking area, and park in the reserved area for Team Vehicles, making sure that the permit is clearly displayed.
- Each Team Manager must register on arrival at both the registration tent adjacent to Pugney’s Clubhouse and the Rotary Orgainsers tent with the completed ‘TEAM REGISTRATION FORM’ which is included in the Info Pack and also available on this web site.
- On the Team Base, a small marquee/tent or gazebo may be erected. BBQ;s are permissible, (gas preferred) but if charcoal burning, the BBQ MUST be raised off the ground. All teams are responsible for their safe usage. Teams are encouraged to have an activity within their allocated team base. This may be an activity, a tombola, a challenge or another activity which will help promote funds for their nominated charity. Teams MAY NOT fundraise outside of their own team base.
- All team managers must attend the initial briefing before racing commences.
- All team members will receive a safety briefing prior to their first race and will be given a bracelet once that is done. All team members should attend this briefing even if they are only racing in later heats. No team mamber will be allowed on the water if they do not have a bracelet.
- Safety Boats will be deployed at all times during racing.
RACE CONTROL AND EQUIPMENT.
- Racing is controlled by Gable Events and all decisions regarding racing, safety, suitability of competitors, etc. will be made by them and are final.
- Racing will commence at around 10.00am, but it will not be possible to announce any team start times in advance.
- Boats, paddles, life jackets and helmsmen will be provided by Gable Events.